Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 107

Thread: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

  1. #31
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    I personally don't care if he posts them or not and think he does some good work and has nice new camera. It is a good hobby and doesn't really hurt anybody, I like them myself. I was just giving him fair warning that this would happen.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  2. #32
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Its an interesting topic and very current. Where does being open with such things hit a wall? I would imagine that the biggest problem is people finding out what you do. If your team is good, and looking at going down the road a bit in playoffs, you don't want people on the other end of the state to already be scouting you in advance, but by the same token, if someone is, they are probably going to be caught looking ahead and knocked off. I am gonna guess that the youtube posting is probably the problem, but you can see highlights and such posted regularly.

    And I know people love to talk about the sharing of movies or music online but that does tend to be new stuff that hinders purchases or going to the theeater to see movies. You don't tend to see the fuss on 'old' stuff. I guess they could go out and try to get someone downloading a dvd rip of the original planet of the apes, but it tends to be something that really isn't gonna hurt them, and by hurt them I mean in the bank account.

    My honest idea, if you want to go film, go film. Then don't just post the game film or 80% of the game film. Make a quick highlight film, do it from several weeks, or a couple of teams. Something that nobody is going to 'scout' that way you can still watch the games, still have your hobby and honestly, making highlight videos or things like that, where you edit and use your creativity is a lot more special than footage that coaching staff breaks down over and over looking for tells or signs. Plus, I would think something like that might get you a bit of attention in a good way and someone might try to get you to edit something for them at sometime.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    If I were Chubz and had a camera like he does I would only film Norton games the rest of the season. If it was not for me attending GC games every Friday night I would follow Norton everywhere and film every second. I definately will film them if they are in the Region D Title game and if they luck up and win it I will send copies of that game to the Region C, B, and A champions. Also GC will be open November 5th so I will be at Kelly filming Norton in that game. Then once we find out who is in the D1 Region D playoffs a copy of that game will be sent to each and every one of them as well as it being sent to the other Regions. That is unless Norton realizes what ****s they have been to Chubz, appologize to him, and leave him be so we all can once again enjoy his videos. If any othgers are interested we can film at different angles with multiple cameras. Norton will wish they never tried bullying Chubz!

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    I don't understand one part of all this;

    Chubz does not post whole game films. Most I have seen are less than 20 minutes long, if I remember correctly. How is showing less than a full game really valued in strategical purposes? What team would turn down a whole game film based on less than half of the plays?
    I'm reasonable, if there is a truly good reason as to why Chubz should not post what he does, I'll accept it and understand this decision.

    Until then, I have to question a team resorting to this.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Skeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2009
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I hope Norton never wins another game in any sport they participate in for the rest of their existance. Nothing but a bunch of whiney ass babies that need their diapers changed. I called it yesterday that it was Norton whining. As soon as I saw Chubz's video I thought to myself that no other school but Norton could be behind silly whiney ass threats like that. I am thinking very seriously of filming every Norton game from here on out and send the copies to all their opponents. I will be 110% for PV beating the **** out of the Burton Babies.
    ROFL!!!!

    I'll be 110% for you to think about what you are trying to get across before you talk crazy like that!

    Simple as 1-2.

    1) Its against the Rules if they don't get permission.

    2) STFU 200%

    Burton is in the playoffs EVERY year, and if they win a couple of games obviously they will go to 1/2 state and if they win there they go to the State Championship... If any team can go online and watch even 20 minutes of all 12-13 previous games... thats definatly a means of "scouting" that is being provided. Any coach would use to there full advantage.

    I really think if it was Clintwood being filmed and posted for Burton to watch and go over some of the Wave faithful would be seeing a problem with it.

    Any team with Playoffs hopefully in their future. I use Clintwood as an example for obvious reasons as far as this all being on "Burton" etc etc... you guys know what im talking about.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I really think if it was Clintwood being filmed and posted for Burton to watch and go over some of the Wave faithful would be seeing a problem with it.

    Any team with Playoffs hopefully in their future. I use Clintwood as an example for obvious reasons as far as this all being on "Burton" etc etc... you guys know what im talking about.
    That's the thing. He's not just filming JIB. He's filming any and basically every team around here. He had GC/Richlands (I think) film a few weeks ago. It's not just JIB, it's not just LPD teams, and during playoff games at times it's not even been Region D teams.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Skeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2009
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    At the time these videos were posted there had been 3 games... at LEAST 2 games he recorded was JIB Vs. (Whoever) you can't quite say hes recording "basically every team around here" Because the Majority of his filming Burton was involved in.. maybe he really wanted to record abingdon and it just happened to be burton was the team they played that week...is he dying to flim PV now and be heading to burton again? Like I said I see how this can be harmless and just something to do in your spare time... sure... but posting it for everyone to watch isn't right. you guys have to see how this can be hurtful in even the slightest ways to the Burton Program and down the road games.

    Its easy to sit and judge from the other side of the looking glass.. when its you being staired at I think people would understand it better.. perhaps its time to make people UNDERSTAND. How bad would it be if I happened to record a TRICK play (Anyone) happened to use just once in the season and that team ended up going to state and NEEDED that play that havn't used and their opponenets shouldn't have seen it? They try it and good ole YOU TUBE video they were already prepaired for it and you LOSE? And nobody say you shouldn't rely on one play.. because yes we know this but the botton line is YOU MAY HAVE TO and if one of your tricks up your sleeve has been taken away that is HURTFUL to your program which is the point that the Burton Program is trying to make.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    From a casual observer: Those complaining about the films are looking like whining children.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    From a Burton fan, I think its bull****, Chubz should be able to do whatever he wants. Biggin pointed out that why would any team turn down footage and just use the highlights chubz put up? And by the time you get upstate, they pretty much know what they're dealing with and what the other team runs, its ignorant to think that team would be that stupid to not know pretty much what the other team runs and waited to the week prior to take notice. The few trick plays probably wouldn't be used in that magnitude of a game anyway, doubt would decide any outcome of any game, the other team has probably seen it before, maybe not even effective...this is all assuming the other team isn't aware the other team likes to do things like that and its one of the games that Chubz filmed. That's a terrible argument, but hey Chubz, promise to edit out all the trick plays? Lol wow, he should be able to tape whatever he wants, I'd say keep going for it.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    At the time these videos were posted there had been 3 games... at LEAST 2 games he recorded was JIB Vs. (Whoever) you can't quite say hes recording "basically every team around here" Because the Majority of his filming Burton was involved in.. maybe he really wanted to record abingdon and it just happened to be burton was the team they played that week...is he dying to flim PV now and be heading to burton again?
    Wow, Skeletor, you're exactly right. I'm on a sabotage mission to destroy Burton. Hence the reason I drove several hours to support them at the Altavista state title game last season. Hence the reason I was one of those who created outcry videos protesting the call made during the 2006 state title game versus Riverheads by providing video footage showing that Ethan Stewart was clearly not demonstrating anything that would warrant an excessive celebration penalty.

    I film Burton often because they're one of the better teams this area has, and I usually make it a point to attend the best games in the area. (Gate City--Richlands, as Lung pointed out, being a prime example.) I try to film most of the teams in this area and often make an effort to attend the best games being played that night unless reasons such as driving distance rear their ugly heads since I have to work on Fridays and don't get off work until later in the evenings. And yes, this Friday the Powell Valley--Burton game is looking like one of the better ones to go watch. Why not? We get to see if Burton is all they're cracked up to be and it will be a great test for Powell Valley coming from two beatdowns coming from monster teams. I've not seen Powell Valley play this year, either, and I've been wanting to watch them. Clintwood--Lebanon was another prime candidate, because I've been wanting to see Clintwood play. It worries me how poorly Lebanon performed against Powell Valley and Gate City, though, so that's why I'm starting to have more interest in the Powell Valley--Burton match-up, which will tell us a lot about both teams. Had Lebanon performed better in those two games, I guarantee you I would go watch that one in a heartbeat because I want to see Clintwood play the best teams on their schedule so that they're pushed to their limits. (And who knows, maybe I'm wrong and Lebanon will give them a better game than I expect.)

    The fact is, you can twist and turn it all you want, but I simply love watching football in the area. Last night I was at the Coeburn--Kelly game, for example, because it was a good test to see what Coeburn has this year amidst the hype (not much) and to see how Kelly would fare against a team trying hard to gain momentum and turn around the program. I didn't care that Burton wasn't playing, because I like watching teams play other than Burton, too. Here is a list of the games I hosted on my YouTube channel that did not involve Burton:
    (2007) Lebanon at Powell Valley
    (2008) Richlands at Gate City
    (2008) Kelly at Coeburn
    (2008) Gate City at Clintwood
    (2008) Powell Valley at Lebanon
    (2008) St. Paul at Appalachia
    (2008) Gate City vs Lebanon (Playoffs)
    (2008) Clintwood vs Franklin (State title)
    (2008) Gretna vs Floyd County (State title)
    (2009) Gate City at Lebanon
    (2009) Sullivan South at Gate City
    (2010) Richlands at Gate City

    Those are a hell of a lot of videos that have zilch to do with Burton, and I spent plenty time and effort on each and every one of them - just as much effort as I spent on my Burton games. Need I say more?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •